Strawberry Ice Cream Cake
Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream
- 20 small strawberries, hulled and cut into small pieces (2 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper or foil. Place the pan in freezer to chill, about 10 minutes.
- Scoop the ice cream into the bowl of an electric mixer and beat with a paddle attachment until it's soft but still holds its shape, about 2 minutes. Add the strawberries and beat until the ice cream is pink and the berries start to break down, about 1 more minute. Transfer to the chilled pan and spread to smooth the surface. Freeze until firm, 2 hours or overnight (if overnight, wrap in plastic to prevent freezer burn).
- Whip the heavy cream in a clean bowl to form soft peaks. Remove the cake from the springform ring, running a knife around the edge, if necessary. Spread the cream over the cake. Use a hot chef's knife to slice the cake into wedges.
- Per Serving
- Calories 190Calories From Fat 61%
- Calcium 97mg
- Carbohydrate 17g
- Cholesterol 49mg
- Fat 13g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 0mg
- Protein 3mg
- Sat Fat 8g
- Sodium 59mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Ripe strawberries give vanilla ice cream a beautiful pink hue and a fruity flavor that tastes homemade. You can also experiment with another fruit, like peaches or raspberries. Just cut the fruit into small pieces so it doesn't freeze into rock-hard chunks.