Strawberries and Syrup
Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 pounds strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier, cognac, or fruit brandy
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- Place the strawberries in a large bowl.
- Simmer the granulated sugar and 1/3 cup water until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and stir in the Grand Marnier. Pour the syrup over the strawberries and toss.
- Beat the cream and confectioners' sugar in a medium bowl until soft peaks form.
- Divide the strawberry mixture among individual bowls and top with the whipped cream.
- Per Serving
- Calories 372Calories From Fat 57%
- Fat 23g
- Sat Fat 14g
- Cholesterol 82mg
- Sodium 24mg
- Carbohydrate 31g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 18g
- Protein 2g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
European fruit brandies, known as eaux de vie (and available at most liquor stores), can liven up many out-of-season fruits.