Stir-Fried Rice Noodles With Tofu and Vegetables
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 8-ounce package rice noodles or 12 ounces linguine
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 14-ounce package firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 carrots, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (optional)
- Boil the noodles according to the package directions. Drain and return them to the pot.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the sugar, soy sauce, and lime juice.
- Gently press the tofu slices between layers of paper towels to remove excess liquid, then cut into ½-inch pieces.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, bell pepper, and ginger and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the tofu and bean sprouts. Cook, stirring, until the vegetables are slightly tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Toss the noodles with half the soy sauce mixture and cook over medium-high heat until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a platter and top with the vegetables and the remaining soy sauce mixture.
- Sprinkle with the scallions, peanuts, and cilantro, if desired.
- Per Serving
- Calories 512
- Fat 15g
- Sat Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 529mg
- Protein 19g
- Carbohydrate 76g
- Fiber 5g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .