Stir-Fried Cherries With Chocolate Chip Cones
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 tablespoons red currant or cherry jelly
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 12-ounce package frozen, dark, sweet cherries (or 2 cups pitted fresh cherries)
- 2 tablespoons cherry brandy (optional)
- 1 1/2 pints chocolate chip ice cream
- 4 ice cream cones
- Melt jelly and butter in a medium skillet over medium heat until it begins to bubble. Add cherries and cook, stirring 2 to 3 minutes, until cherries are heated through and release their juices. Pour in brandy (if using), and simmer 1 minute longer. Place scoops of ice cream in cones. Pour hot cherries into serving bowls and invert cones on top of warm cherries. Serve immediately.
- Per Serving
- Calories 417
- Calcium 137mg
- Carbohydrate 59g
- Cholesterol 45mg
- Fat 18g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 1mg
- Protein 5mg
- Sat Fat 11g
- Sodium 85mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
As with produce, take eggs and milk from the back of the case; older merchandise tends to be pushed forward.