Steamed Halibut With Kale and Walnuts
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat oven to 400º F. Coat both sides of the fish with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Place in a single layer in a roasting pan.
- Season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Place the lemon slices on top and roast until the fish is opaque throughout, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat.
- Add the walnuts. Stir occasionally until lightly browned, 3 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add the garlic and remaining 2 tablespoons oil and 1 tablespoon butter to the skillet. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the kale, ½ cup water, and ½ teaspoon salt and toss. Cook, covered, tossing occasionally, until wilted, 5 minutes. Stir in the walnuts. Serve with the fish.
- Per Serving
- Calories 483
- Calcium 239mg
- Carbohydrate 13g
- Cholesterol 77mg
- Fat 31g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 4mg
- Protein 41mg
- Sat Fat 8g
- Sodium 656mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Choose halibut fillets with flesh that is a translucent, shiny white and springy to the touch.