- 4 6-ounce skinless halibut fillets
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 3tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2cup chopped walnuts
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2pounds kale (about 8 cups), tough stems trimmed
- Heat oven to 400º F. Coat both sides of the fish with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Place in a single layer in a roasting pan.
- Season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Place the lemon slices on top and roast until the fish is opaque throughout, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat.
- Add the walnuts. Stir occasionally until lightly browned, 3 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add the garlic and remaining 2 tablespoons oil and 1 tablespoon butter to the skillet. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the kale, ½ cup water, and ½ teaspoon salt and toss. Cook, covered, tossing occasionally, until wilted, 5 minutes. Stir in the walnuts. Serve with the fish.