Steamed Fish and Vegetables
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 yellow squash or zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 8-ounce skinless halibut fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh herbs, such as basil, flat-leaf parsley, or thyme (optional)
- 2 lemons, halved
- Place a steamer in a large saucepan. Add enough water to reach just below it. Bring to a boil.
- Add the broccoli and squash and steam, covered, until tender, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, season with ¼ teaspoon salt, and cover.
- If necessary, add more water to the pan. Return to a boil. Season the halibut with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Place the halibut on the steamer, cover, and cook until it flakes easily and is the same color throughout, about 7 minutes.
- Drizzle the halibut and vegetables with the oil. Sprinkle with the herbs (if using) and serve with the lemon halves.
- Per Serving
- Calories 295Calories From Fat 26.8%
- Protein 40g
- Carbohydrate 17g
- Fat 9g
- Sat Fat 1.3g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 6g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .