Steak With Summer Squash and Pine Nuts
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat broiler. Place the steak on a broilerproof baking sheet and season with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Broil to the desired doneness, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Heat the oil, pine nuts, and garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring, until the mixture is golden, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the squash, bell pepper, crushed red pepper, and ½ teaspoon salt and cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with the chives. Serve with the steak.
- Per Serving
- Calories 412Calories From Fat 220
- Protein 42g
- Carbohydrate 7g
- Sugar 4g
- Fiber 2g
- Fat 25g
- Sat Fat 6g
- Sodium 563mg
- Cholesterol 64mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Turn this dish into a salad by tossing it with romaine or another sturdy green and drizzling it with extra-virgin olive oil, if desired.