- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 pound summer squash (about 2), diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Heat broiler. Place the steak on a broilerproof baking sheet and season with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Broil to the desired doneness, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Heat the oil, pine nuts, and garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring, until the mixture is golden, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the squash, bell pepper, crushed red pepper, and ½ teaspoon salt and cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with the chives. Serve with the steak.