- kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons plus 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 strip steaks (1 inch thick; about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 2 pints grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the steaks with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper and cook to the desired doneness, 4 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Wipe out the skillet and heat 1 teaspoon of the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add the tomatoes and ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until beginning to soften, 4 to 6 minutes. Mix in the oregano.
- Meanwhile, cook the green beans in the boiling water until tender, 3 to 4 minutes; drain. Wipe out the pot and heat the garlic in the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil over medium heat, stirring frequently, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the green beans, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper and toss to combine. Sprinkle with the red pepper and serve with the steak and tomatoes.