- 3teaspoons olive oil
- 2 strip steaks (1 inch thick; about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2pints grape tomatoes
- 1/4cup fresh oregano leaves
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the steaks with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook to the desired doneness, 4 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Wipe out the skillet and heat the remaining 1 teaspoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add the tomatoes and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until beginning to soften, 4 to 6 minutes. Mix in the oregano and serve with the steaks.