Steak With Sautéed Fennel and Olives
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1-inch-thick strip steaks (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 medium bulbs fennel, thinly sliced, plus 1 tablespoon fronds
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives (preferably oil cured)
- 1 jalapeño (preferably red), seeded and thinly sliced
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the steaks with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Cook to the desired doneness, 4 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Wipe out the skillet and heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat.
- Add the fennel and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly browned and just tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in the olives and jalapeño and cook for 1 minute. Sprinkle with the fennel fronds and serve with the sliced steak.
- Per Serving
- Calories 360Calories From Fat 50%
- Protein 35g
- Carbohydrate 10g
- Sugar 0g
- Fiber 4g
- Fat 20g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Sodium 636mg
- Cholesterol 74mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .