Steak With Artichoke and Cherry Pepper Sauté
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Rub the steak with a slice of the garlic and season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Cook the steak for 4 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a second skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bread and cook, tossing, until golden and crisp, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the second skillet. Add the artichokes and cook, cut-side down, until lightly golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, peppers, thyme, ¼ teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cook, tossing, until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the bread and toss to combine. Serve with the steak.
- Per Serving
- Calories 507
- Fat 26g
- Sat Fat 7g
- Cholesterol 63mg
- Sodium 1,022mg
- Protein 44g
- Carbohydrate 23g
- Sugar 2g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 64mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Looking to cut back on red meat? Make this recipe with half the amount of steak and serve it on a bed of mixed greens.