- 1 pound sirloin steak (1-inch thick)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small head of romaine, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- crumbled queso fresco or feta
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- kosher salt
- Marinate the steak in soy sauce for 30 minutes.
- Cook the steak in 2 teaspoons of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest 5 minutes, then slice against the grain.
- Toss the steak with the romaine, cilantro, queso fresco, onion, avocado, 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, and lime juice; season with ½ teaspoon salt.