- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak, cut into 4 pieces
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white miso (soybean paste, found in the refrigerated section of the supermarket)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 2 bunches watercress, thick stems removed (about 6 cups)
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup halved snap peas
- toasted sesame seeds, for serving
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the steak with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest steak registers 130° F, 2 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing against the grain.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the vinegar, miso, sesame oil, sugar, and the remaining 3 tablespoons of canola oil in a large bowl. Add the watercress, radishes, scallions, snap peas, and sliced steak and toss to combine.
- Serve sprinkled with the sesame seeds.