Steak Salad With Bacon, Crispy Potatoes, and Blue Cheese Dressing
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 4 ounces sliced bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 8 ounces Yukon gold or fingerling potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- 3 ounces blue cheese (such as Stilton or Roquefort), crumbled (3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces (about 8 cups)
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add the potatoes to the bacon drippings, season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper, and increase heat to medium-high. Cook, tossing occasionally, until browned and tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to the paper towel-lined plate.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a second large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the steak with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook 5 to 7 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- In a small bowl, mix together the blue cheese, sour cream, buttermilk, vinegar, scallion, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Divide the lettuce among plates, top with the steak, bacon, and potatoes, and drizzle with the dressing.
- Per Serving
- Calories 539
- Fat 31g
- Sat Fat 13g
- Cholesterol 108mg
- Sodium 1,004mg
- Protein 45g
- Carbohydrate 17g
- Sugar 5g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 234mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .