bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
Yukon gold or fingerling potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
kosher salt and black pepper
sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
crumbled blue cheese, such as Stilton or Roquefort (3 ounces)
red wine vinegar
head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces (about 8 cups)
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Reserve the skillet.
- Add the potatoes to the drippings in the skillet, season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper, and increase heat to medium-high. Cook, tossing occasionally, until browned and tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a second large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the steak with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook until and instant-read thermometer inserted in each piece register 130ºF, 5 to 7 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Mix together the blue cheese, sour cream, buttermilk, vinegar, scallion, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Divide the lettuce among plates, top with the steak, bacon, and potatoes, and drizzle with the dressing.