- 1 1/2pounds parsnips, cut into 2-inch pieces, halved or quartered if thick
- 1pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1/4cup plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 strip or rib-eye steaks (1/2 inch thick; about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- Heat oven to 450° F. Toss the parsnips, tomatoes, scallions, thyme, ¼ cup of the oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Cover the dish with foil and roast until the juices are bubbling, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to roast until the parsnips are tender, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- .Meanwhile, heat the remaining teaspoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the steaks with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper., Cook, in batches, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of each piece registers 130° F, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Let the steaks rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with the vegetables.