Steak With Roasted Carrots and Onions
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 1/2 pounds medium carrots, halved crosswise, thick pieces halved lengthwise
- 2 small red onions, quartered, stem ends left intact
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 small Newport or sirloin steaks (1 inch thick; about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- Heat oven to 425° F. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the carrots, onions, 2 tablespoons of the oil, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Roast the vegetables, tossing once, until tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the steaks with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook to desired doneness, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to plates.
- Add the wine to the skillet and whisk in the mustard. Simmer until slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in the tarragon. Serve the steaks with the sauce, carrots, and onions.
- Per Serving
- Calories 392
- Fat 17g
- Sat Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 63mg
- Sodium 837mg
- Protein 35g
- Carbohydrate 19g
- Sugar 9g
- Fiber 5g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 88mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .