Steak With Quick Mushroom "Risotto"
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds strip steak
- kosher salt and pepper
- 10 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1 cup orzo
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the steak with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board; let rest.
- Wipe out the skillet and heat the remaining oil over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes. Add the wine and cook until it has evaporated.
- Add the orzo and chicken broth and simmer until the broth is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Stir in the Parmesan, rosemary, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli rabe in a separate pot until tender, about 5 minutes. Drizzle with the lemon juice.
- Divide the broccoli rabe among plates. Serve with the steak and “risotto.”
- Per Serving
- Calories 754
- Fat 38g
- Sat Fat 14g
- Cholesterol 149mg
- Sodium 633mg
- Protein 55g
- Carbohydrate 43g
- Sugar 5g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 6mg
- Calcium 276mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .