Steak and Potatoes With Spinach Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes (about 3), scrubbed and sliced into 1/8- inch-thick rounds
- 9 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 6-ounce sirloin steaks, about 1 inch thick
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves
- Heat oven to 400° F. In a medium bowl, toss the potatoes with 2 tablespoons of the oil, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Transfer the potatoes to a rimmed baking sheet and roast, stirring once, until golden, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season the steaks with ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Transfer the steaks to a cutting board, cover with foil, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the mustard, vinegar, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Whisking constantly, slowly add the tarragon and remaining oil.
- Toss the spinach with the vinaigrette, slice the steaks, and serve the salad and meat with the potatoes.
- Per Serving
- Calories 687.98Calories From Fat 57%
- Calcium 96.02mg
- Carbohydrate 32.49g
- Cholesterol 90.59mg
- Fat 44.03g
- Fiber 3.81g
- Iron 5.16mg
- Protein 41.56mg
- Sat Fat 8.88g
- Sodium 977.22mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .