Steak With Potato and Blue Cheese Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 pound small red potatoes (about 12)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 small steaks (such as Newport, flat iron, or top round; 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (about 1 ounce)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 small head Boston lettuce, torn (about 4 cups)
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and add cold water to cover. Bring to a boil and add 2 teaspoons salt.
- Reduce heat and simmer until tender, 14 to 16 minutes. Drain, run under cold water to cool, and using a fork or your fingers, break the potatoes in half.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the steaks with 1 teaspoon salt and ¾ teaspoon pepper.
- Cook steaks to the desired doneness, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the blue cheese, vinegar, remaining ¼ cup oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Add the potatoes and lettuce and toss to coat. Serve with the steaks.
- Per Serving
- Calories 390
- Fat 14g
- Sat Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 79mg
- Sodium 898mg
- Protein 43g
- Carbohydrate 21g
- Sugar 1g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 5mg
- Calcium 83mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Make this steak dish into a salad: Thinly slice the steak and use two heads of lettuce. Toss to combine.