Steak With Potato-Parsnip Mash
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Place the potatoes and parsnips in a large pot. Cover with cold water and bring to a boil.
- Add 2 teaspoons salt, reduce heat, and simmer until tender, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and return to the pot. Mash with the milk, butter, scallions, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the steak with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Cook the steak to desired doneness, 4 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest before slicing. Serve with the potato-parsnip mash.
- Per Serving
- Calories 473
- Fat 24g
- Sat Fat 10g
- Cholesterol 125mg
- Sodium 610mg
- Protein 37g
- Carbohydrate 25g
- Fiber 2g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .