- 1/2pound large white mushrooms, halved
- 1/2pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 red onion, cut into 1⁄2-inch-thick rounds
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1pound skirt steak, cut crosswise into 4 pieces
- 4tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 bunch watercress, thick stems removed (about 4 cups)
- Heat grill to medium-high. In a large bowl, toss the mushrooms, green beans, onion, 1 tablespoon oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Grill the vegetables (place the beans perpendicular to the grates to keep them from falling through), turning occasionally, removing them as they become tender, 8 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season the steak with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Grill alongside the vegetables, brushing occasionally with 2 tablespoons vinegar, 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Divide the watercress, grilled vegetables, and steak among bowls. Drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and 2 tablespoons vinegar.