Steak Fajitas With Sweet Potato and Poblano
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato (about 12 ounces), peeled and cut into 1⁄4-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small poblano pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds skirt steak, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chopped canned chipotle chilies in adobo
- 8 small flour tortillas, warmed
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the sweet potato, onion, poblano, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat broiler. Season the steak with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper and place on a broilerproof rimmed baking sheet.
- Broil the steak for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and chipotles. Fill the tortillas with the steak, vegetables, and chipotle sour cream.
- Per Serving
- Calories 693
- Fat 35g
- Sat Fat 13g
- Cholesterol 105mg
- Sodium 1,081mg
- Protein 37g
- Carbohydrate 53g
- Sugar 8g
- Fiber 6g
- Iron 6mg
- Calcium 134mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .