large sweet potato (about 12 ounces), peeled and cut into 1⁄4-inch pieces
medium onion, thinly sliced
small poblano pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
kosher salt and black pepper
skirt steak, cut into 4 pieces
1 to 2
chopped canned chipotle chilies in adobo
small flour tortillas, warmed
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the sweet potato, onion, poblano, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat broiler. Season the steak with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper and place on a broilerproof rimmed baking sheet.
- Broil the steak for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and chipotles. Fill the tortillas with the steak, vegetables, and chipotle sour cream.