Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 pound flank steak, thinly sliced against the grain
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded (if desired) and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- kosher salt
- 4 1-quart resealable plastic freezer bags
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas, warmed
- store-bought refrigerated fresh salsa (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Freeze it: In a large bowl, combine the steak, onion, bell peppers, jalapeño, chili powder, hot sauce, and 3/4 teaspoon salt.
- Divide evenly among 4 bags. Freeze until ready to cook, up to 3 months.
- Cook it: In a large skillet, over medium heat, heat the oil (use 1 teaspoon per serving).
- Empty the frozen contents of the bags into the skillet (use 1 bag per serving). Cook, covered, stirring occasionally to break up ingredients, for 10 minutes.
- Raise heat to medium-high and cook, uncovered, until the vegetables are tender and the steak is cooked through, 2 to 6 minutes.
- Serve with the tortillas and, if desired, the salsa and sour cream.
- Per Serving
- Calories 533Calories From Fat 33%
- Protein 33g
- Carbohydrate 55g
- Sugar 4g
- Fiber 4g
- Fat 19g
- Sat Fat 6g
- Sodium 1085mg
- Cholesterol 40mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
There are three main grades of beef: prime, choice, and select. The more marbling (streaks of fat), the more flavorful the meat and the higher the grade.