- 1pound flank steak, thinly sliced against the grain
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded (if desired) and thinly sliced
- 1teaspoon chili powder
- 1teaspoon hot sauce
- kosher salt
- 4 1-quart resealable plastic freezer bags
- 4teaspoons olive oil
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas, warmed
- store-bought refrigerated fresh salsa (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Freeze it: In a large bowl, combine the steak, onion, bell peppers, jalapeño, chili powder, hot sauce, and 3/4 teaspoon salt.
- Divide evenly among 4 bags. Freeze until ready to cook, up to 3 months.
- Cook it: In a large skillet, over medium heat, heat the oil (use 1 teaspoon per serving).
- Empty the frozen contents of the bags into the skillet (use 1 bag per serving). Cook, covered, stirring occasionally to break up ingredients, for 10 minutes.
- Raise heat to medium-high and cook, uncovered, until the vegetables are tender and the steak is cooked through, 2 to 6 minutes.
- Serve with the tortillas and, if desired, the salsa and sour cream.