- 1/2 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest plus 2 tablespoons lime juice
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 small head cauliflower (about 1 1/2 pounds), trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 ounce pecorino, grated (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds skirt steak, cut into 4 pieces
- Whisk together the yogurt, cumin, lime zest, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
- Thinly slice the cauliflower, starting with the crown and working down to the stem end.
- Toss together the cauliflower, scallions, pecorino, lime juice, 3 tablespoons of the oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the steak with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Cook, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing against the grain.
- Serve the steak with the cauliflower salad and cumin-lime yogurt.