Steak With Corn and Black-Eyed Pea Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 1/2 pounds strip or sirloin steaks (1 1/2 inches thick)
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 ears corn, shucked
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 15.5-ounce can black-eyed peas, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Heat grill to medium-high. Season the steaks with the seafood seasoning and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Brush the corn and onion with 2 tablespoons of the oil and season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Grill the steaks, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Grill the corn and onion, turning occasionally, until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Let the steak rest before slicing.
- Cut the kernels off the cobs and combine in a medium bowl with the onion, black-eyed peas, chives, vinegar, and the remaining tablespoon of oil. Serve with the steak.
- Per Serving
- Calories 400
- Fat 19g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 74mg
- Sodium 931mg
- Protein 37g
- Carbohydrate 20g
- Sugar 2g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 39mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .