- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 strip steaks (1 inch thick)
- Combine the quinoa, 2 tablespoons of the oil, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is golden brown, 12 to 14 minutes. Stir in the Parmesan and parsley.
- Meanwhile, steam the cauliflower in 1/2 inch water until tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Pulse the cauliflower, cream, butter, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a food processor until finely pureed, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the steaks with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest steak registers 130° F, 2 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest for 5 minutes; thinly slice against the grain.
- Serve the steak and quinoa over the puree.