Steak With Cauliflower and Crisp Bread Crumbs
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 small baguette, torn into small pieces (about 2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers, roughly chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1 1/2 pounds strip steak
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- Heat oven to 400° F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the bread with 1½ tablespoons oil. Bake in an even layer until golden and crisp, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Transfer the bread to a bowl and toss with the parsley and capers; set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1½ tablespoons of oil and the garlic in a large skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium-high heat.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper and add to the skillet, cooking until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer the steak and garlic to the baking sheet.
- Place the sheet in oven and roast that steak to desired doneness, 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare. Let rest at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, add the cauliflower and ½ cup water to the skillet and cook, covered, until it’s tender and the water has evaporated, 6 to 7 minutes. Sprinkle with the reserved crumbs and serve with the steak and garlic.
- Per Serving
- Calories 594Calories From Fat 55%
- Fat 36g
- Sat Fat 10g
- Cholesterol 135mg
- Sodium 619mg
- Protein 5g
- Carbohydrate 19g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 2g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .