- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 orange
- 2 bunches arugula, thick stems removed (about 8 cups)
- 1 14-ounce can hearts of palm, rinsed and sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds (optional)
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the steak with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Cook the steak to the desired doneness, 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, remaining tablespoon of oil, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon pepper.
- Cut away the peel and pith of the orange. Working over the vinaigrette bowl, cut out the orange segments, adding them to the bowl as you go.
- Add the arugula, hearts of palm, and shallot and toss to combine. Serve with the steak and sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds (if using).