Steak With Arugula and Balsamic Mushrooms
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the steak with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Cook steak to the desired doneness, 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Wipe out the skillet and heat the remaining tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Cook, tossing occasionally, until tender and browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in the vinegar. Remove from heat and stir in the cream.
- Divide the arugula, steak, and mushrooms among plates and sprinkle with the scallions.
- Per Serving
- Calories 319Calories From Fat 55%
- Fat 20g
- Cholesterol 59mg
- Carbohydrate 8g
- Sodium 552mg
- Protein 28g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 4g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
You can use almost any variety of mushrooms in this recipe. Try smoky shiitakes (discard the woody stems), mild oysters, or a couple of juicy portobellos.