Squash and Bean Soup With Parmesan Biscuits
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- kosher salt and black pepper
- biscuit mix and ingredients to make 8 biscuits
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan (1 ounce)
- 2 15-ounce cans cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 bunch spinach, thick stems removed (4 cups)
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, until soft, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and their juices and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the squash, thyme, 5 cups water, 1 ½ teaspoons salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the squash is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the biscuits according to the package directions, sprinkling with the Parmesan before baking.
- After the soup has simmered, stir in the beans and spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted and the beans are heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve with the biscuits.
- Per Serving
- Calories 730Calories From Fat 32%
- Fat 26g
- Cholesterol 9mg
- Carbohydrate 106g
- Sodium 1890mg
- Protein 22g
- Fiber 14g
- Sugar 12g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
The soup can be refrigerated for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 3 months.