14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
small butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (4 cups)
kosher salt and black pepper
biscuit mix and ingredients to make 8 biscuits
shredded Parmesan (1 ounce)
15-ounce cans cannellini beans, rinsed
bunch spinach, thick stems removed (4 cups)
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, until soft, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and their juices and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the squash, thyme, 5 cups water, 1 ½ teaspoons salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the squash is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the biscuits according to the package directions, sprinkling with the Parmesan before baking.
- After the soup has simmered, stir in the beans and spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted and the beans are heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve with the biscuits.