Slow-Cooker Squash Lasagna
Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 10- to 12-ounce packages frozen winter squash puree, thawed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 32-ounce container ricotta
- 1 5-ounce package baby spinach (6 cups)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 12 lasagna noodles (about 3/4 of a 16-ounce box)
- 8 ounces mozzarella, grated (about 2 cups)
- green salad, for serving
- In a medium bowl, mix the squash and nutmeg. In a second bowl, combine the ricotta, spinach, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- In the bottom of a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, spread ½ cup of the squash mixture. Top with 3 of the lasagna noodles (breaking to fit), half the remaining squash mixture, 3 lasagna noodles, and half the ricotta mixture; repeat, ending with the ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with the mozzarella.
- Cook on low, covered, until the noodles are tender, 3 to 4 hours. Serve with the green salad, if desired.
- Per Serving
- Calories 571
- Fat 29g
- Sat Fat 18g
- Cholesterol 107mg
- Sodium 564mg
- Protein 32g
- Carbohydrate 47g
- Sugar 2g
- Fiber 6g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 543mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .