Makes 40 cookies| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coarse sanding or turbinado sugar
- Cookie press
- Heat oven to 375°. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour and salt.
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter and confectioners’ sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in the vanilla. Reduce speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture, mixing just until incorporated.
- Following the manufacturer’s instructions, fill the cookie press with the dough and squeeze the dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing the cookies 1 inch apart. Sprinkle with the sanding sugar and bake until the edges are golden, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool slightly on the baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Per Serving
- Calories 45Calories From Fat 45%
- Protein 0g
- Carbohydrate 6g
- Sugar 3g
- Fiber 0g
- Fat 2g
- Sat Fat 1g
- Sodium 12mg
- Cholesterol 6mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
As with produce, take eggs and milk from the back of the case; older merchandise tends to be pushed forward.