- 1¼cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- ¼teaspoon kosher salt
- ½cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼cup coarse sanding or turbinado sugar
- Cookie press
- Heat oven to 375°. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour and salt.
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter and confectioners’ sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in the vanilla. Reduce speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture, mixing just until incorporated.
- Following the manufacturer’s instructions, fill the cookie press with the dough and squeeze the dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing the cookies 1 inch apart. Sprinkle with the sanding sugar and bake until the edges are golden, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool slightly on the baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.