- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 6 boiled baby red potatoes, quartered
- 1cup green or brown lentils
- 1/4pound green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces (1 cup)
- 1/2 cooked pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6cups chicken stock
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened but not browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the tomatoes, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until the lentils are tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer 5 more minutes.