- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 12 cups spinach (about two 5-ounce bags), washed and dried well
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the scallions and sugar and cook until lightly golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook until all the liquid is absorbed, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, peas, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and spinach (in batches, if necessary) and cook until wilted and heated through.