- 6 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, sliced into rings
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 8 ounces spinach, stems trimmed
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, cut into pieces (optional)
- Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Discard all but 2 tablespoons of the drippings. Add the oil and return the skillet to medium heat. Add the onion and vinegar and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft, about 6 minutes.
- Place the spinach in a large bowl. Remove the onion mixture from heat and add to the spinach. Break the bacon into large pieces and add them to the bowl. Toss to combine.
- Divide among individual bowls and top with the eggs, if using.