Spinach Salad With Warm Onions and Crispy Salami
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add the salami and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate.
- Add the vinegar, mustard, honey, the remaining tablespoon of oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper to the skillet. Whisk to combine.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until it begins to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the salami.
- Divide the spinach among 4 individual plates and spoon the onion and salami over the top. Serve with the eggs, if desired.
- Per Serving
- Calories 227Calories From Fat 67%
- Fat 17g
- Sat Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 192mg
- Sodium 638mg
- Protein 12mg
- Carbohydrate 8g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 65mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
With its casing uncut, a whole salami lasts for months at a cool room temperature. Once cut, it can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks tightly wrapped.