Spinach and Ricotta-Stuffed Shells
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Set an oven rack to the highest position and heat oven to 400° F. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and run under cold water to cool.
- Spread the marinara sauce in the bottom of a large broilerproof baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta, spinach, Parmesan, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Spoon the mixture into the shells and place them on top of the sauce.
- Sprinkle the shells with the mozzarella and bake until heated through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Increase heat to broil. Broil the shells until cheese begins to brown, 2 to 5 minutes. Serve with the salad, if desired.
- Per Serving
- Calories 794
- Fat 47g
- Sat Fat 24g
- Cholesterol 141mg
- Sodium 1,390mg
- Protein 44g
- Carbohydrate 49g
- Sugar 9g
- Fiber 5g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 798mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
For extra nutritional punch, chop up some cooked green beans, broccoli, or asparagus and fold it into the ricotta mixture along with the spinach.