jumbo pasta shells (about half a 12-ounce box)
24-ounce jar marinara sauce
15-ounce containers ricotta
baby spinach, chopped
grated Parmesan (2 ounces)
kosher salt and black pepper
grated mozzarella (4 ounces)
green salad (optional)
- Set an oven rack to the highest position and heat oven to 400° F. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and run under cold water to cool.
- Spread the marinara sauce in the bottom of a large broilerproof baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta, spinach, Parmesan, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Spoon the mixture into the shells and place them on top of the sauce.
- Sprinkle the shells with the mozzarella and bake until heated through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Increase heat to broil. Broil the shells until cheese begins to brown, 2 to 5 minutes. Serve with the salad, if desired.