Spinach Pesto and Pasta
Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse the walnuts and garlic until chopped.
- Add the spinach, oil, ¼ cup of the Parmesan, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Puree until smooth, scraping down the sides of the processor bowl as necessary.
- Add the pesto to the pasta and toss to combine. Sprinkle with the lemon zest and remaining ¼ cup Parmesan before serving.
- Per Serving
- Calories 471
- Fat 19g
- Sat Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 7mg
- Sodium 311mg
- Protein 16g
- Carbohydrate 62g
- Fiber 5g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
The pesto can be refrigerated for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 3 months.