Makes 16 large ravioli, serves 4
frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed
freshly ground pepper
acorn squash, seeds discarded and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Heat oven to 400° F. Place the squash on a baking sheet and toss with the olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Roast until just tender, tossing occasionally, until just tender, about 40 minutes. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta, spinach, salt, and pepper and mix well. In another bowl, stir the squash, sour cream, and nutmeg together.
- In a skillet, over medium heat, heat the butter. Add the sage and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the broth, simmer 5 minutes, and set aside.
- Lay out 16 wonton wrappers. Divide the spinach mixture among 8 wrappers, placing a dollop in the center of each. Fold them in half diagonally, pinching one corner to close. Repeat with the squash mixture and the remaining 8 wrappers.
- Place the 16 packets in a roasting pan and spoon the broth over them. Cover with foil and heat in the oven until warmed through, 10 to 15 minutes.