Spicy Soy-Marinated Flanken
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon hot chili sauce (such as Sriracha)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 4 pieces flanken (about 3 pounds total; each 1 inch thick)
- Make the marinade: In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, garlic, ginger, chili sauce, and sesame oil. Reserve ¼ cup for serving. Place the rest of the marinade in a large resealable plastic bag with the flanken and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Remove the ribs from the marinade (discard the marinade) and grill for 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Serve with the reserved marinade.
- Per Serving
- Calories 812
- Fat 70g
- Sat Fat 29g
- Cholesterol 149mg
- Sodium 1,136mg
- Protein 37g
- Carbohydrate 5g
- Sugar 0g
- Fiber 0g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 32mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Have extra ginger you won’t use before it goes bad? Pop what’s left in the freezer. The next time you need some ginger, just peel and grate the frozen root. (A rasp grater works best.)