Spicy Shrimp With Corn and Quesadillas
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 5 ears fresh corn
- 6 scallions (white and light green parts), thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon ancho or some other chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack
- 2 large flour tortillas
- Cut the corn kernels from the cobs. Combine them in a bowl with the scallions, thyme, ¼ teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chili powder, cayenne, oil, and ½ teaspoon salt. Add the shrimp and toss to coat.
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium and cook the shrimp, turning once, until cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the cheese over half of each tortilla. Fold them over and grill, turning once, until the cheese melts and the tortillas are crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the quesadillas to a cutting board and cut into wedges.
- Divide the shrimp and corn among plates and serve with the quesadillas.
- Per Serving
- Calories 310Calories From Fat 37%
- Fat 17g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 185mg
- Sodium 611mg
- Carbohydrate 36g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 30g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
When shopping for corn, squeeze the ear to make sure the kernels are closely spaced, firm, and round. Look for a grassy green, tightly wrapped husk.