ears fresh corn
scallions (white and light green parts), thinly sliced
kosher salt and pepper
ancho or some other chili powder
large shrimp, peeled and deveined
grated Monterey Jack
large flour tortillas
- Cut the corn kernels from the cobs. Combine them in a bowl with the scallions, thyme, ¼ teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chili powder, cayenne, oil, and ½ teaspoon salt. Add the shrimp and toss to coat.
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium and cook the shrimp, turning once, until cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the cheese over half of each tortilla. Fold them over and grill, turning once, until the cheese melts and the tortillas are crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the quesadillas to a cutting board and cut into wedges.
- Divide the shrimp and corn among plates and serve with the quesadillas.